First Coronavirus Filipino Fatality in Kuwait

First Coronavirus Filipino Fatality



A Filipino working at a salon in Salmiya surrendered to COVID-19 on Saturday at the Jaber Hospital. This is the first Coronavirus Filipino fatality in Kuwait since the pandemic hit the country. 44 years old, Connie Laureano was a single mother with two children. She hailed from Lebak, Sultan Kudarat in Southern Philippines worked as an eyelash expert at a salon in Kuwait.

An ambulance brought Laureano to the Mubarak Al Kabeer Hospital on April 22. She came to the hospital after experiencing difficulty breathing. Laureano was transferred on April 23 to the Jaber Hospital. She was tested positive of COVID-19. Erlyn Tamao, the younger sister of Laureano disclosed the fact.

Tamao is a household service worker in Kuwait. She is still in shock with the sudden demise of her sister. Before April 22, Laureano was talking to Laureano almost every day. She revealed to her that she was not feeling well. But on April 22 around 9:30 pm, Tamao got a call from Connie. She told her that she can hardly breathe on the phone. She told her that she can’t breathe so they are calling the ambulance.

They took Laureano to the Mubarak Hospital. That was the last time Tamao spoke with her and then yesterday afternoon, Tamao was surprised by so many missed calls. She got a lot of condolences on Facebook. Laureano has gone, recounted Tamao in between sobs.

Tamao pointed out that Laureano had been staying at home since March 12, after Kuwait declared a public holiday. She has been always reminding Tamao to wear masks and gloves whenever she goes out with her madam to the Jamiya. Laureano has been always careful. But from where did she get the virus? How did she get sick?

Tamao spoke dearly of Laureano and thanked her for bringing her to Kuwait. She and other family members in the Philippines want Laureano’s remains. They are still waiting for the advice of the Philippine Embassy on this.

Laureano Employer’s Response

Meanwhile, the agency representative has already contacted Laureano’s family in the Philippines and vowed to extend all the needed assistance. This is very sad as this is the first Coronavirus Filipino fatality in Kuwait. Laureano’s employer is also in touch with the Philippine Embassy. He is trying tt Lo receive the Laureano’s remain. So that he can hand over the dead body to the family for further despatch to Philippine.

Source: Arab Times

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top