* Bader Al-Kharafi: Zain concerned with offering significant connectivity and using equitable systematic alternate, focused on a five-year company sustainability technique
* eleventh consecutive record charts Zain’s actions during the extraordinary cases led to by means of the worldwide pandemic
* Zain sticks out distinctly within the area with recognize to the transparency it reviews sustainability actions and results, and in its regional management in addressing local weather alternate
KUWAIT: Zain Workforce, a number one telecom innovator in seven markets around the Center East and Africa, pronounces the e-newsletter of its eleventh consecutive annual sustainability record, entitled ‘A resilient adventure throughout a difficult 12 months’. Within the record, Zain summarizes its sustainability-related actions all over the 12 months in line with its new five-year Company Sustainability technique this is grounded at the UN’s Sustainable Construction Objectives (SDG),with the aim being focused on and pushed by means of empowering and organising lengthy lasting price for the communities it serves.
The eleventh version of the record showcases how Zain continues to support and adapt its actions to align to world highest practices and reporting that follows the GRI Requirements Framework. Zain may be enforcing the Sustainability Accounting Same old Board (SASB) framework for Telecommunications Products and services. Each requirements are externally confident by means of Ernst & Younger (Al-Aiban, Al-Osaimi and Companions) offering restricted assurance.
Commenting at the e-newsletter of the 11thconsecutive annual sustainability record, Bader Al-Kharafi, Zain Vice-Chairman and Workforce CEO, “During 2021, Zain remained unwavering in its resolution to force equitable systemic alternate within the communities during which it operates by means of offering get right of entry to to significant connectivity, particularly within the face of many socio-economic and environmental demanding situations, and lasting affects of the COVID-19 pandemic, which hindered building around the globe.”
“Nonetheless, 2021 was once a vital 12 months for growth with recognize to Zain’s sustainability schedule, underscored by means of the numerous projects effectively applied throughout our footprint, and highlighted by means of the upgraded A- ranking gained from CDP indicating our regional management in addressing local weather alternate.”
Jennifer Suleiman, Zain Workforce’s Leader Sustainability Officer commented, “We’re all acutely aware of how tumultuous the ultimate couple of years had been to are living and paintings thru. Being a customer-focused group with the duty to take care of significant connectivity and productiveness for 7,000 group of workers and 50 million consumers in an inclusive and equitable means, was once a difficult state of affairs to conquer. The contents of this record spotlight how in combination we now have controlled that duty and supported our communities extraordinarily nicely beneath the cases. We proceed to be told and transition throughout all of our various sustainability actions and are overjoyed to be pioneering this house around the area.”
Qualitative and quantitative growth in Zain’s Company Sustainability technique
Zain’s five-year Company Sustainability technique formulated in 2020 is focused on 4 pillars: Local weather Alternate; Social Trade; Inclusion; and Era Formative years. It’s in line with the UN’s SDGs, aiming to determine purpose-driven actions anchored in significant connectivity to force equitable systematic alternate. Qualitative and quantitative goals had been embedded to verify measurable metrics are set to evaluate and monitor the growth of Zain’s sustainability-related actions. The imaginative and prescient is to scale back inequalities, safeguard the planet, foster innovation, and construct filthy rich communities.
Highlights from Zain’s 2021 Sustainability projects
Lots of the sustainability techniques applied by means of Zain in 2021 addressed the demanding situations wrought by means of the pandemic and the corporate’s reaction to them:
* Increasing virtual monetary products and services, offering far-reaching advantages to needy teams inside communities in Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, South Sudan and Sudan, achieving a mixed visitor base of one.5 million, endeavor 25 million transactions with an mixture price of $2.3 billion in2021
* Via its price chain, Zain was once in a position to take care of 80,116 jobs.
* The once a year Zain Ramadan industrial in partnership with UNICEF entitled, “No person is protected, till we’re all protected”, addressed the problem of vaccine hesitancy around the area, with the two.55-minute-long video going viral and exceeding 10 million perspectives on YouTube, in addition to on regional satellite tv for pc and native TV networks
* In Kuwait, the Shlonik software created by means of Zain assisted the Ministry of Well being to verify citizens adhere to quarantine laws, with 1.77 million other people registering at the app.
* Supporting governments, Zain arranged vaccination drives in markets leading to over 12,000 vaccinations
* Fostering the advance of ladies in Science, Era, Engineering and Math (STEM), Zain introduced the Girls in Tech initiative endeavor 256 mentorship periods throughout its working markets
* Zain labored with the Canadian Heart for Youngsters Coverage to combine Venture Arachnid, tool to scale back the provision of kid sexual abuse subject matter (CSAM) globally effectively built-in in Kuwait and is lately running on integrating it throughout different markets
* Release of a Kid On-line Protection Booklet in collaboration with UNICEF, selling protected esports and gaming to varsities and universities
* Zain Jordan’s Basma Line+, a cellular package package deal, attracted 329 other people from the deaf and mute group, whilst in Kuwait, Zain presented two postpaid applications devoted to other people with disabilities
* With recognize to merchandise for the early life, in Sudan, discounted information bundles reached 6.2 million customers
* The Zain Youngsters platform turned into to be had in different markets providing protected on-line content material, achieving 1.6 million kids, a quadrupling of kid subscribers over the 12 months
* Release of BE WELL, a Workforce-wide range and inclusion program aiming to foster the psychological well-being of workers throughout operations
* Zain started to measure its water intake throughout operations, enforcing water aid projects aiming to do away with plastic intake along with lowering waste in its warehouses by means of 50 p.c by means of 2025
* Zain’s local weather movements noticed the corporate upgraded to A- in newest ‘CDP Rating File – Local weather Alternate 2021’, rating it first in-region and amongst leaders globally. This rating is upper than the regional moderate for Asia of B-, and better than the Media, Telecommunications & Knowledge Heart Products and services sector moderate of B. Moreover, Zain took a big step in increasing its Scope 3 emissions stock to record extra as it should be.
Extra detailed knowledge of Zain’s 2021 sustainability record, entitled ‘A resilient adventure throughout a difficult 12 months’may also be downloaded by means of visiting https://zain.com/en/sustainability/sustainability-report/.